- American podcast listeners = 57 million
- To provide some context for what 21% of the entire country represents, 21% of the country uses Twitter.
- 64% of podcasts are being listened to on a smartphone or tablet.
- Listeners gravitating toward podcasts on the go opens up many more opportunities for consumption, including in the car, at the gym, and other computer-free environments.
- Weekly podcast listeners consume five shows per week on average.
- To illuminate this podcast statistic slightly more, 69% of weekly podcast listeners consume five shows or fewer.